21 Apr 2007

Timbo is back in blogtown

Howdy all, sorry I've been unable to update my blog for so long - you must be bored of the petronas towers by now. The problem is that every time I've tried to add a new post to my blog then life has suddenly got really hectic andI've had to abandon it. But there we go , I've got ten minutes to try and catch up quickly.
So I flew back from KL about a week ago, felt like crap for several days due to accidentally getting very drunk on whiskey on the flight and therefore ruining my chances of avoiding jetlag.
I had a proper fly-by-night trip to Kilburn, whereby I managed to see loads of people, all the family, have a few beers, walk about 30 miles in 5 days, lop some branches off trees and shred them, dig a load of horse manure into the vegetable patch, buy steel toecap boots and then pack my bags and get on a plane to Dublin. Did I forget anything? Probably, oh and I did all of these things with jetlag, whilst also fitting in a few minutes her and there for relaxing like.

Then I spend the night in Dublin (well, Sandymount) and got to catch up with jenni, brian and thomas for the evening. Which is always lovely, I even got to have a little stroll aling the beach on my way back from the petrol station with beers. It's a bizarre thing going from one of the worlds cheapest countries to 2 of the worlds most disgustingly expensive countries - but there we go, it's why I'm back here. Exclusively for the cash.

And there we have it, I took a long and dull train down to wexford (but the view was pretty excuisite because the sun was beautiful and the scenry along the east coast is really magnificent at this time of yeah) and returned to the grey and backward land that is the sunny sounth east.

I'm in a new house this time, however it's only just around the corner from my old one. Basically nothing has changed here, exept there is a new mega tesco up the road and the new theatre is looking a lot more completed.
The site of this years opera festival is a real improvement this year, however. We're in a proper amazing spot called Johnstown Castle. It's a proper little castle, situated in miles and miles of old gardens, it's got peacocks, ancient gorgeous trees, an ornamental pond (large) and lake (larger), towers, turrets, the remains of a Norman Keep in the forest, it' s got the lot. We're allowed to go anywhere inside the castle, so we spend time sunbathing on the roof, and exploring all the rooms. The general public have never been allowed in, I've talked to guys here who've lived in wexford all their lives and never been throught the door, let alone climbed out of a window onto the roof.

Well, that's all I have time for now, cos I'm in an internet cafe and racing against the clock - But I'll have lots and lots of very tasty looking photos for you soon enough. And plenty of jolly tales of climbing high, lifting heavy and hopefully not getting attacked by peacocks or irishmen.

Love to all

No comments: