16 Jul 2008

Got flu now

Maybe it was all the fun of the big trip from KL to Ipoh and then Penang, but now this week I feel like crap. It's about time really, not had an illness for months on end (despite Vanessa, Adam and other friends dropping like flies all around me). So I am generally sitting around at home feeling sorry for myself.
The film is still going nicely, I have embarked on the arduous and thankless task of sitting and transcribing every single interview - which when you have 10 interviews, several of which run to around 80 minutes, you may guess that it is endless fun. Oh for an army of plebians and a typing pool so I can just sit there and go "work faster scum" and pay them next to nothing.
Ho hum, Vanessas little brother Stan is working as my typing coolie instead (and yes Stan I know you read this, so work faster dammit). Little bugger went all Chinese businessman on me the other day (aided and abetted by his mother) and demanded more money, would you believe it, 12 years old and threatened to down tools. Well, being from a family of Union supporters I had no choice but to honour the agreement, not wanting to be seen as just another colonial out to exploit the Chinese right.

Apart from this I don't have much to report, just lots of me sitting around and writing, going through over a pen a day, and reading the papers to see quite how rotten this nation is. In brief here is an update - Ex-Deputy PM (now de-facto opposition leader) has been accused of sodomy charges, again. He is not very happy. The lad who has accused him suggested they both go and swear in front of the Ulamaks. The Ulamaks I think are the Islamic equivilent of a Cardinal. They are going to try a rather crazy notion (one that none of my Islamic friends have ever heard of) which involves both parties swearing on a copy of the Qu'ran and then the Ulamak tried to convince God to strike down the sinner. Yes. You heard right, this so called legal proceeding is in attempt to get a heavenly lightning bolt to turn the guilty party into a sinful pile of ash. Brilliant isn't it, this one has amused me for days now. My question is why do they think God would give a crap? Why not burn down all the Gay-pride festivals in the world if He's that bothered about bum sex?

The other day the Opposition called for a Vote of No Confidence, but for some reason (no reason was given) the Speaker decided to throw it out without even a thought. Not quite sure how that is supposed to work, but there you go.

Then the same day the Police dropped hardcore roadblocks absolutely everywhere, supposedly to prevent a demonstration that nobody had planned. The aim, so all the blogs (including the Newspaper blogs, so I am allowed to write this cos it got past their stringent censoring, don't worry) was to make the people think that the Opposition are all evil do-ers out to destroy the lives of all Malaysians. But, lucky for Malaysia, not so lucky for the propaganda boys, Malaysians are as dumbshit as they think they are. Everybody is now shouting about it, asking "why did I have to sit for 3 hours in a traffic jam because there wasn't a demonstration 10 miles away?". Nobody has been able to come up with an answer that isn't hilarious yet.

Fun fun fun, in the sun sun sun.

No comments: