19 Feb 2009

Here's the music video I just recently edited/co-directed



Howdy, not quite ready to carry on with the holiday tales just yet, cos a world of busyness was waiting to greet me as soon as I got better.
And also, randomly I got to be in 2 episodes of Puah Chu Kang. It was all a bit odd, there I was in bed, feeling groggy (not as sick as the day before, but not amazing) and as Vanessa left she said to me "what are you doing today?", "feeling crap and sleeping" was my response. Half an hour later the phone rang, could I come and be in a TV show because the talent had just let them down. They needed a token white guy. Cash is king, so I got out of bed and off I went. The guy kept asking me on the phone if I'd heard of the show, I had no idea, he was shocked, however I did recognise one of the actors names (Harith Iskandar, who's quite famous here and pretty funny comedian who I've watched on a few things). So I sms Adam and say I'm going to meet Harith Iskandar, cos I know he likes him and always enjoy making people jealous, petty but fun.
He asks what show, I don't know, but I was told it was some sitcom about a construction firm or something.

"Oh my god, you're going to be on Puah Chu Kang. That's amazing. Wah" Was the response.
Oh. Is it? The money's ok, so it must have a reasonable budget.
Then when I got there I met a bloke wearing yellow wellys, with a disgustingly huge mole on his face. "Alright mate, nice wellys, very fetching" says I. Bloke regards me oddly "yes, they are quite", "indeed" say I "I rekon I could pull them off on a night out, don't you think". I readily avoid commenting on the hugeness of his mole.

Anyway. Another sms to Vanessa, saying "have you heard of Puah Chu Kang? apparently I'm going to be in it". Well, she pointed out that I'd already watched it (and for that matter turned it off, saying "why are we watching this total crap?") and that I should ask PCK for his mole as a keepsake. I didn't. I don't even know if it's real or not, I mean, you can comment on a guys wellys but when it comes to facial disfigurements, I mean, what if it IS real? That would be a knuckle biter wouldn't it

So, as it transpires, everybody but me has heard of PCK (see how "in" I am now, oh yeah) because it's one of Singapores best known shows, running for 10 years, and apparently Malaysians and Singaporeans have grown up watching it. Now, let's get this straight, the show is crap, but it's well known and gets good ratings - well, look at Neighbours, that's crap and been running for years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phua_Chu_Kang

So there you go, I have now been on a "legendary" show. The glittering lights of fame and recognition await me. I actually had an alright part, and the director kept giving me lots more lines because I can actually speak english.
Here's part of a random episode that I found of youtube for you. Naturally the one with me in it won't be on TV for quite some time, cos it's episode 26 and the new season hasn't started yet.

No comments: