6 Feb 2008

Gong Hei Fa Chai (spelled wrong, but it's all squiggles really innit)

Well a new Chinese New Year is upon us, Vanessa and her family have gone down to Singapore. All here in KL has returned to normal (as in utterly unpredictable and random). Today has been such a fine example of life returning to normal in KL that I felt compelled to tell you all about it.

Early rise, after a late night working on the adverts. Vanessa going down to Singapore on the Nice Bus with her brother, to meet the rest of her family for Chinese New Year. I join them tomorrow cos I got work to do. Vanessa was very tired cos she up late packing and working.
We arrive at the Old train station, bid farewell and they get on the bus.

My day continues, sending + recieving emails, checking the edits, phoning the clients and getting called, all that sort of stuff.
About 2 o'clock I sms Vanessa to see if she in S'pore safe and well. She calls me back....

VAN "erm, we got a small problem, guess where we are".
ME "Oh really? What's wrong, let me guess the bus broke down in Johor",
VAN "erm no, we're in Penang"
ME "Oh.............Why are you in Penang? It's the opposite end of the country"
VAN "Yes I know it's the opposite end of the country, I am a Malaysian"
ME "Hmmm......... How come you didn't notice the bus was going the opposite way to normal?"
VAN "I was asleep. Plus the bus man took my ticket and pointed to the 'singapore' bus so we got on. Very tired I fell asleep. The microphone on the bus broken so no announcement saying 'this is the 10am bus to Penang, we will be arriving in Penang etc"
ME "Oh crap"
VAN "The first thing I really noticed wrong was when we were going on a bridge over the sea, and I thought, hmmm why haven't we gone through immigration yet, oh when did Singapore build a bridge that looks exactly the same as the Penang bridge"

Thus wise their predicament unfolded.

So my day has been spent at the Nice bus office shouting and jumping up and down saying things like "they're bloody stranded there, they have family coming from Indonesia, Hong Kong, Australia (these last 2 are lies), I demand satisfaction, you must pay their air fare, were all your staff born stupid or did you have to train them that way?!!?!!" etc.
I managed to get their tickets refunded, but not the air fare. I'll leave that particular little doozy to Vanessas mum, she's a lot better at chewing peoples heads off that me.

OK, I can't really face going into what happened with all the work related stuff, it's one of those things that just wouldn't look as good in type, needless to say, the client is driving me insane.

love all, I'm going to Singapore tomorrow (on the Nice bus too) and I just have to make a really big point of not getting on the wrong bus.

No comments: