29 Nov 2008

Penang videos

Hello everybody, here are a few videos that I recently directed/edited. Shot by my good friend, and partner in crime, Adam Lokman up in Penang, assisted by our bizarre and elusive friend Osh.

It was the weekend of the UNESCO opening ceremony. It was a first time venture for us, cos we didn’t really know what to expect, we were supposed to shoot a short documentary but ended up running around like a news crew. It was quite funny, as the Chief Ministers press secretary thought I was there from the BBC, I didn’t want to lie to her so said no, she was very disappointed but we did a short interview with him anyway, so she wouldn’t lose face.
Anyway, I took ages to get around to sticking them on youtube, and once I stuck them on the Penang State government decided to put them on their tourist office website

http://www.visitpenang.gov.my/portal/

down at the bottom, in the latest news section.
Which was nice, and a little bit unexpected.

So I hope you all enjoy. Please go and check the youtube links below and have a watch. Also if you rate the videos (5 star, naturally, ha ha ha, no but seriously, nothing less than 5 star you buggers) then they will move higher up the list, and thus more people will be directed to them if they type in Penang.
I haven't bothered to embed them in here cos it's just too slow and last time I got half the video chopped off. Also you may not notice that this was shot in HD, as youtube doesn't enjoy such big file sizes. I may start a vimeo account and put the proper HD stuff up there, however that will be for affictionados only cos the download times are pretty huge.

Also if you could do me a massive favour and email the links to your friends then I would be immensely grateful.
Yes I know that's cheating, but I just don't care, it's called whoring oneself.

Lots of nice exotic Malaysian stuff for you to see.
Love to all

Timbo


HINDU TEMPLE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig5I6vgvHh8
LION DANCE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-pL4cx1ftQ
WALK OF UNITY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=200a-Hfzvus

No comments: