17 Jul 2007

Back in KL, back to work. It's all gone bonkers, what has happened to the peace and serenity of being on an island? Have I gone a bit mad? Perhaps so.




Yesterday myself and Vanessa came back to town, to continue with our gainful employment. Now the 8 days of relaxation have given way to the frenetic strains of city living. We had a lovely old time back on Perhentian Kecil, spending our time diving, eatin, laying around, diving and, erm, eating. Did I mention diving?


Craig and Vanessa both took their PADI Open Water courses, and are now quite competant divers. Vanessa is much better at the theory than me, so that means she can plan the dives and work out our residual nitrogen levels from now on, which is nice cos I always get a bit confused.

And here they both are playing with a lump of gelatinou sea goo. The guy in the middle is Will Brown, with whom I made friends with last year on the same island. He was Dive Master there last-time with his wife Mel. They both went back home to the UK for a while and fortuitously came to be Instructors this year. It was brilliant to see them both again, and we resumed where we left off - by sitting in the dive shop getting talking about fish, going into the sea to get wet and blow bubbles, then sitting in the dive shop drinking beers all night.

All very civilised if you ask me.




Who would want to partake in the everyday rigours of normal life, when you can bob around in an ultra surreal world of sharks, coral, parrotfish and turtles all day, then get lashed with your mates in the night. Would you? Not I.




























Here is Vanessa being attacked by a strange crab with thin black arms. Oh my god, get you probey thing out of her mouth!!








and some random weirdo we found along the way. I didn't realise they did aqualungs for palsey victims, but apparently cabbage diving is quite common.







I was quite pleased with my first lot of underwater photos ever. Now I just need to justify the cost of buying my own camera with underwater case. It's proper amazing taking pictures underwater, it's just a bit of a bugger that most of the creatures are camerashy. They don't tend to stick around long enough for you to line up a nice shot.
Oh and I found Nemo, he was just behind a rock.




No comments: