4 Jul 2007

Craigs here, I started my new job and all is bizarre



Things are looking good, I've done the first of the interviews and more coming

up this week. On the weekend the 3 of us are off to tropical islands for a short diving holiday. We went on a long roadtrip today out of the city to a fairly crazy but relaxed rural district (the same place where I did my first filming job here months ago), ate lots of nice food and had a lovely time lying in the rapids at the bottom of a waterfall. I sat in this pool for ages not moving, then next thing I knew loads of baby fish were eating the dead skin from my feet and hands. Cheeky blighters. It was bizarrely fun though, a bit ticklish at time and occasionally the nibble was a bit hard, but I've never been a buffet platter for fish before, it's usually the other way round.

In the photos you will see us enjoying the lovely local dairy speciality of Ice cream sandwiches. Proper, now that's what I call classy.

Yesterday Craig came with me to work, where I did my first day as cameraman. We went off to the rather exclusive Selangor Polo and Equestrian Club (an old colonial offshoot of the Royal Selangor Club) and filmed a wealthy beknighted fella riding round on his steed, before going to his house to do the interview. Then I took Craig on a toe blisteringly long and bafflingly hot walk round KL, stopping to eat as much as possible as often as possible. Man I'd forgotten how good food is over here. Waarrghhghhh, it makes me dribble just thinking about it.

There we go, it's been a funpacked couple of days, but very tiring. Got to go cos I'm up early for work tomorrow.

Love to all

No comments: