8 Feb 2007

Looks like this job might lead very nicely to some proper work

Well I nipped into the new office yesterday to see if I could make myself useful. I've been attached to the Art Department now, because the head of that dept speaks excellent english and we kind of figured I'd be more use if I could understand someone, and someone could understand me. My new boss is a Malay guy called Bob (slightly incongruous name for a Malay guy, but there we have it), and we get along swimmingly. H works freelance for a lot of the biggest film and TV companies over here, and he's offered to hire me after this shoot is over. I explained about my lack of work permit and he's offered to help me sort it out by getting me a job and making all the applications as my employer. Which is absolutely proper. The other bonus is that he lives in the block of flats accross the road from me and Vanessa - which is a bit of a random coincidence, for saying we live in such a big sprawling city, but the world is full of peculiar connections innit.
So there we have it, I'm about to go shopping with the art department for Props and set dressing stuff in town today, then later on we're going to pick up the refurbished Mini Cooper they're using for the shoot. It sounds like a great shoot week actually (apart from the savage hours) - we're going out to a waterfall just outside of KL, some jungle type back roads and then lots of shots of the Mini on the highway (we have an outrigger grip so we can mount the camera in front of the windscreen looking into the car as they drive). It should be rather fun.
I'm gonna take Vanessas camera with me and take a few snapshots to show you all. Right I'm going to eat some greasy egg roti and drink Teh Tarik for breakfast. Yum

No comments: