26 Feb 2007

Not got the squits anymore, thankfully

Hello all, well it's been a nice and relaxed week this one. Vanessa took the rest of the week off work cos she got sick (simultaneous flu and stomach problems, whilst I just got the stomach problems). So we've done a fair bit of lounging around recouperating. The only thing we can put our finger on to cause the somach flu would have been some icecubes we carelessly popped into our orange juice the morning before we left Phuket. Whoopsy (quite literally).
I've been popping in an out of the new office watching the edit as it develops, and it doesn't look like too bad a task for me - but am still a but nervous like. They need some voiceover work doing on this one, so I have to be a bloody football commentator (of all the things in the world to be, can you believe it, football) - and they want me to be on the crew for the next thing they shoot in March. There's also talk about me editing the next one, cos their current editor Chi is going on an extended holiday to Laos next week. Ooooh, could be rather interesting if I get that, be nice to stick on my showreel and CV innit.

OK, well I'm going off to maybe buy myself a laptop this afternoon, I rekon the time has finally come for me to part with a fair lump of cash in exchange for home computing that will actually work and be of use to me (as opposed to my past attempts to buy computers which have all been spectacular failures and total false economy). Well that's my hope anyway, knowing me I'll just get bamboozed and end up buying a total lemon.

all the best

No comments: