5 Feb 2007

Sweaty sweaty sweaty

I've just walked back from the local LRT station after having a sort of job interview in another part of town. I've got the job, which starts in a few days, working with a local film company producing a low budget Malay TV movie. It should be quite fun really. I'm going to be a PA of sorts (but it sounds more like a gopher for the Lighting, Camera and Art Departments) and the shoot is an outdoor shoot lasting a week or so. I'm gonna miss the last 2 days cos me nd Vanessa are heading over to Phuket (Thailand) for Chinese New Year to stay in a friends place.
Right now I'm very sweaty, cos whilst it's only a 10 mintue walk from the station it's pretty savage heat out there.
So all going well I'll be able to get a proper job with this company depending on if they enjoy my wprk or not. This is a kind of trial period - as in I've agreed to work for free (or basic expenses at least) because I ain't got a Working Visa yet and don't want to get deported for being an illegal worker. That seems quite fair to me, cos hopefully if they like me and the way I work then I'll convince them to organise a permit for me. How can I fail, with my charm and the incredible abilty to spout obscenities all over the place (I definitely heard a couple of English and Malay swearwords in their office today, so I'm sure I can help by diversifying the company profanosaurus in that oh-so eloquent manner of mine).
I also got a call today in response to a job applicate I sent out last week, for a job as a Script writer with a documentary company, who like the sound of me. So you never know, there may be possibilties for me in the TV industry here beyond the usual monkey work I do after all.

Righto, more next time, I'm going for a quick swim and then 20 minutes in the gym. Before I settle down to an evening of drinking, chainsmoking and wolfing down fatty food 'till my arteries clog like a plughole full of diahorrea

No comments: