6 Feb 2007

today it seems I may have too much time on my hands

It's now gone mignight and I'm at Vanessas workplace waiting for her to finish work on a 1 and half minute Ident sting for some sports awards. As seems to be quite normal for her company she has a very short deadline to deliver quite a lot of work and nobody in her company seems to help her do it.
I suppose I'm going to find out pretty soon how things work in the TV industry over here, as I start this new job at 3am on Friday. I just checked out our production schedule for the next week and it's gonna be pretty damn mental. 3 Days starting a good few hours before dawn and finishing in the evening and then the last day is a 3pm start, finishing at 8.30am the next day. Aiooo, this is gonna be one heavy heavy week, and I'm not even getting paid for it.
Ah well, c'est la vie, it's just one of those things I'm gonna have to do in the hope of currying favour with a company. At least these guys get broadcast on national TV (and I think this show's going to be played in Indonesia as well, cos they speak the same language - well a close enough approximation). It'll look good on my CV and I'm certain they won't be able to find too much fault with my professional attitude, owing that I'm gonna step up and do some good old fashioned ass-whooping, like only a conceited arrogant git like me can.

OK, I'm gonna stop boring you with mindless dross now and go back to reading my very intersting book about the CIAs secret wars in Laos, Tibet and Guatamala (it's called Air America and is a rather interesting yarn) then I might switch on the old idiot box and numb my brain into another dimension watching incomprehensibly mindless foreign gibberish, with unfathomable characters, appalling excuses for humour, horrendously cheap attempts at acting and nonsensical plotlines that seem to have been devised by rabid bonobo monkeys with peanut butter for brains.
That's right, Friends is on - ha ha, aren't I the witty one today.

No Tim, no you're not.

I'll try and have some pictures on the next post, it's clearly a lot more interesting for everyone that way.

No comments: