2 Feb 2007

the sunburn hurts less, so I can concentrate a bit better now

yesterdays sunburn was certainly a stinker. the worst case I've had in years. So bad that I now have a very definite circle of reddish-purple around my neckline. I'm not going to show you nay pictures because frankly it's all a bit embarrassing. I'm sitting in the internet cafe with my collar turned right up (like a trendy footballer toss-knobber) so that all the brown skinned people around me won't suddenly burst into fits of riotous laughter about my hilarous condition.
It is pretty funny mind, I look a little bit like some form of plastic action figure with interchangable body parts - All New!! AcshunTimbo(tm) with Incredible removable head and Miraculous EZPeel Flesh!!!

So this week hasn't been the best week of my life I won't deny, cos some how I've spent the whole week being ill as buggery in some way of another. First of all I couldn't get to sleep on monday night cos of a hideous feeling of rancidness and a brutal amount of sweating, all my bones and muscles felt like they wanted to be on the outside of my body in some bizarre agonising manner that is difficult to explain. This was followed by spending all of Tuesday in bed with savage sweating in the morning (absolute bucketloads, to the point that I woke up and was fairly convinced that an Elephant had snuck in to the room and had a slash all over me) and then shivering all afternoon and evening; in a tropical country lay in bed under a sleeping bag and a big duvet shivering cold but my facc was apparently purple and could have fried an egg quite merrily ( yes, this was before the sunburn even - however my face has returned to this colour today even though the illness has abated).
Now that all that is well and truely over, I then went and spent the day at the Thaipusam festival and got outrageously sunburned, so have spent the most of today in the shower feeling rough.

Last night Vanessa was subjected to the comedy spectacle of "timbos home remedies involving fruit to cure sunburn" - whereby we bought a papaya and stuck it in the blender. Then I covered all my face, head and neck with the viscous orange goop and stood in her bathroom like some freakishly satanic tango man, or some voodoo umpalumpa nightmare, in the hope that the immense pain and deep flesh burning would go away.

It didn't really, I just looked like a knob.

So, less of my woe and more about what I've been doing here to justify coming all this way to the other side of the world.
I suppose I could tell you that now, but I actually can't be arsed to broach that subject quite at the moment. I feel my case would be better balanced with the aid of some lovely photos.

so you'll have to wait...........

No comments: